I made a blueberry pie a few days ago. Nothing special, but the crust came out amazing and I want to show it off. I also want to announce the crust tutorial I’m planning to post in the coming week. It took me a while to get this level of flaky crust perfection, and I’m ready to share!
Just the crust
I used the Pioneer Woman’s blueberry pie recipe and tweaked it to my taste. Not many changes really. I added half a teaspoon of cinnamon and was liberal with the lemon juice.
Raw sugar to add some delicious texture
It’s been a little while since I last posted. I got busy in the last two months and neglected to update this little blog. The good news is that I managed to get some projects done! And now that I have settled in to a new place (0ne of the many things that has been keeping me from posting) I’m hoping that will mean greater productivity.
I’m going to start off by posting these fingerless gloves:
I am pretty pleased with the results. They are made with an alpaca and silk blend that is super soft. These are going to be my last fingerless gloves for a while because I realized that all I own are fingerless gloves. Not really practical in the “polar vortex.”
I wanted to try a daintier pattern for these gloves, since I used such a a nice yarn. The scalloped edges on this one caught my eye and so far have gotten plenty of compliments. They were supposed to be shorter, but I’m fine with this length since it provides a little extra warmth. The button detail was also a nice touch the designer put in.
Hot Cross “Wrist Warmers”
- Pattern: ravelry
- Yarn: Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk Aran (which is apparently discontinued)
- Notions: Brass colored buttons
- Adjustments: None.
- Would I recommend it to other crocheters: Yes. It’s a really nice looking pattern. However, I clearly made some sort of mistake because they came out much longer than in the ravelry example. My guess is that the yarn I used was too thick. You can also see from the picture that I didn’t do such a neat job where the edges meet in the round. I have since done another project in the round with the same issue. I may be miscounting the stitches.